Rolling woodlands, extensive recreational facilities, and a vibrant downtown make Matthews a wonderful place to settle. Spend your days exploring the town’s green spaces, quaint shops, and farmers markets, and meeting new people through community events like Food Truck Fridays, free concerts, downtown crawls, and holiday celebrations.
Matthews was named one of the 11 best Charlotte suburbs by real estate website Movoto in 2016. Its proximity to the bustling city of Charlotte and a diverse housing stock attract growing families and single professionals who want to take advantage of its superb location. Good governance and first-rate amenities make new arrivals want to stay for the long-term.
Situated on the border of the Queen City, it spans over 17 square miles, and has a population of about 30,000. Matthews has been seeing significant growth in recent years – it grew by over 35% from 2000 to 2014.
Real estate in Matthews
The housing stock consists primarily of single-family homes, townhomes, and condos, the majority of which are new construction. Colonial, neo-traditional, and contemporary are prevalent architectural styles. Lots and vacant land are available.
Notable neighborhoods include:
- Deerfield Creek
- Emerald Lake
- Mallory Manor
- Providence Woods
Luxury homes can have as many as seven bedrooms, along with guest suites and finished basements. Some of these residences have kitchens with brick floors and high-end appliances like wine coolers and Sub-Zero refrigerators. Media rooms, wine cellars, and wooded backyards with saltwater pools and outdoor seating are also popular features.
Some of the most coveted luxury homes in Matthews can be found in the enclaves of Highgate, Rose Hill, and The Forest.
Looking for a home in Matthews? Let a RE/MAX agent assist you. Call me, Zanthia Hastings, at 704-947-2165 or send an email to email@example.com.
Attractions and amenities in Matthews
- Historic Downtown Matthews – Here you’ll find a wonderful selection of bars, breweries, shops, and restaurants, many of which are housed in beautifully preserved historic buildings. Drop by Carolina Beer Temple for local, national, and international craft beers or go to Beantown and dig into some steak and eggs.
Shop for one-of-a-kind clothes and accessories at thrift stores like Vintage Vixens and Zabs Place. The farmer’s market, open Saturdays, offers local produce and dairy.
- Sycamore Commons – Come here for major retailers like Costco, Best Buy, and Bed Bath & Beyond. Restaurants that serve Mexican, Mediterranean, and Brazilian dishes can be found here, along with a number of salons and massage parlors.
- Sportsplex – This recreational facility features five multipurpose fields, play structures, and a picnic shelter. Play your favorite sport, have a picnic with friends and family, or catch any of the weekend tournaments that take place here throughout the year. Lacrosse, soccer, rugby, and field hockey competitions are held here regularly.
- Matthews Public Library – Located right next to the town’s historic Train Depot, the public library has a quirky train theme that can be seen throughout the 15,000-square-foot facility. Check out the toy train at the children’s computer area and the wood-paneled mantelpiece that adorns the fireplace. Come here for a quiet afternoon of reading and writing.
- Matthews Heritage Museum – Situated in one of the oldest buildings in downtown Matthews, the museum gives you a glimpse into the town’s bucolic past and what life was like for residents before the advent of modern comforts like running water and electricity. Explore the galleries at length and don’t forget to visit the museum shop for a souvenir.
For more information on Matthews, visit their website.