Marvin has everything you need to settle comfortably into a life of low-key luxury. Gorgeous homes on wooded lots. Excellent schools. Lush grounds dotted with mature trees and meandering streams. Green pastures and world-class equestrian amenities.
This upscale village ranked among HomeSnacks’ list of 10 richest cities in North Carolina for 2016 due to its low unemployment rates, low poverty levels, and high median household income. It also landed the 6th spot in Charlotte Magazine’s “8 Great Suburbs in the Area” for its superb location and prized real estate.
Located just minutes away from Blakeney, Ballantyne, and Stonecrest, Marvin is accessible via I-485 and is a 45-minute drive from Uptown Charlotte during rush hour. It encompasses about six square miles and over 30 acres of open space.
Real estate in Marvin
When it comes to real estate, Marvin is widely known to give buyers more value for their money compared with its neighboring suburbs. Lot sizes are generally more generous and the quality of the homes is unparalleled.
The village observes strict zoning regulations, setting a maximum of 86 housing units for every 100 acres, except in the case of 55+ communities. This allows residents to enjoy the utmost privacy. The housing stock consists mainly of single-family homes, the majority of which are new construction. Lots and vacant land are also available.
There are several neighborhoods within the village, each with itsown character. The Preserve at Marvin and Marvin Creekfeature luxury homes constructed by Toll Brothers. The former is known for expansive wooded home sites, while the latter is prized for its all-brick home exteriors.
Luxury homes in Marvin often have five bedrooms or more. Hardwood flooring, vaulted ceilings, oversized windows, skylights, walk-in closets, and built-in wine coolers are common features, as well as fine details like elaborate stone work and professional landscaping.
Plush master suites, recreation rooms, private gyms, finished basements, terraces, and resort-style backyards with heated pools and jetted tubs make these homes highly sought after. Residences located within golf communities like Firethorne Country Club command views of the golf course.
Those with equestrian leanings can choose from the farms and rural properties available here. Valhalla Farms and Providence Estates are reputed to be the most equine-friendly of Marvin’s neighborhoods, with most properties having plenty of acreage.
If you have your eye on a residence in this affluent village, let a luxury real estate agent assist you. Call me, Zanthia Hastings, at 704-947-2165 or send an email to email@example.com.
Attractions and amenities in Marvin
- Firethorne Country Club – Even the most experienced golfers will be awestruck by the Firethorne golf course’s pristine fairways and panoramic views. Recent improvements made to the cart path, driving range, and tee box leveling are sure to enhance your experience. Off-course amenities include tennis and swimming facilities, along with a fine dining restaurant called St. Andrews Room.
- Marvin-Efird Park – Explore the park’s walking trails and community garden on a quiet afternoon. There’s a horse pasture and corral, as well as a magnificent children’s playground designed after a tree. The massive barn on the grounds may be reserved for private events, while the Village Town Hall is ideal for gatherings and assemblies.
- Marvin Loop – Built by volunteer families, this scenic walking trail is projected to encircle the entire village once completed. Go jogging or stroll along the trail to clear your mind and appreciate the scenery.
- Shea Rose Farm – Learn proper horse care, basic dressage, jumping, ring and trail riding, ground work, drill teams, vaulting, and games here at Shea Rose Farm. Certified staff and trained horses enable you to make the most of the program. Beginners and advanced riders alike are welcome to join.
- Waxhaw Main Street – Located just five minutes away from the village, Waxhaw Main Street is filled with shops, bars, and restaurants that serve Chinese, Italian, and Mediterranean fare. Come here on a Friday night and revel in the area’s upbeat, fun-filled atmosphere.
For more information on the Village of Marvin, visit their website.