Pineville Real Estate
Named for the pines that populate the community, this peaceful town in the northernmost corner of Mecklenburg is filled with lush parks, gleaming ponds, and extensive recreational facilities. Pineville attracts a wide range of homebuyers, and real estate website Movoto named it the best place for young professionals among Charlotte’s suburbs.
With a high percentage of residents between ages 22 to 29, this suburb is infused with youthful energy, while the laid-back environment allows residents to slow down and take a breather from the demands of modern life.
It has a thriving downtown filled with shops and cafés, as well as diverse and affordable housing options. A quick commute to Queen City lets residents come and go as they please, not that you’ll need to go far from home– there’s plenty to see, do, and experience within town limits.
It’s a small town –with a population of just over 8,000 and three constituent neighborhoods – but the quality of the homes and amenities that can be found in Pineville more than makes up for its size.
Real estate in Pineville
Buyers will be glad to know that Pineville is ideal for long-term real estate investments, having some of the highest home appreciation rates of any community in the US. Local real estate has appreciated by as much as 30.56% in the last ten years alone, which translates to an average home appreciation rate of 2.70% annually. This puts Pineville in the nation’s top 10 percent for real estate appreciation.
The housing stock is comprised of single-family homes, townhomes, and condos, some of which are new construction. Lots and vacant land are also available. Farm and rural properties can be found along Lancaster Highway and other areas.
Many of the residences in certain parts of town were built between 1970 and 1999, while a small percentage of the housing stock is made up of post-WWII homes built between 1940 and 1969.
Some of Pineville’s most notable subdivisions include:
● Cardinal Woods
● Carolina Village
● Huntley Glen
● Parkway Crossing
● The Cottages
Luxury homes can have as many as five bedrooms and plenty of square footage. Residences constructed by John Wieland Homes and Neighborhoods, a leading builder of luxury homes in Charlotte, can be found in the prestigious subdivision of McCullough.
Take advantage of Pineville’s home appreciation rates. Work with the top real estate team in town. Call the Zanthia Hastings Team at 704-947-2150 or send an email to email@example.com.
Attractions and amenities in Pineville
● Pineville Lake Park – Go on a leisurely stroll and admire the gleaming surface of the lake in this park. Bring food and drinks to share and claim a table at either one of the two picnic shelters. There’s also a colorful playground where the kids can work off some energy.
● Jack D. Hughes Park – The park hosts tournaments throughout the year, attracting thousands of visitors to its grandstand. There are several sports fields that may be used for playing lacrosse and softball, as well as a batting cage where you can perfect your swing. A number of concession stands sell snacks and refreshments.
● Belle Johnston Community Center – Lift weights at the gym, which is also open to non-residents for a fee. There’s a community kitchen that can be used for social gatherings, and a dining room that can be reserved for meetings and private events.
● James K. Polk Historical Site – Situated on the land once owned by the family of James K. Polk, the 11th US president, this historical attraction features reconstructions of homestead buildings typical of Polk’s time. Take a look at the barn and the log house with separate kitchen, all of which are authentically furnished.
● Carolina Place Mall – Here you’ll find major retailers like Victoria’s Secret, Lane Bryant, H&M, and Gymboree. There’s a fine selection of restaurants that serve Thai, Japanese, Chinese, and Italian fare, giving shoppers plenty of dining options. Seasonal events like Easter Day celebrations take place year round.
For more information on Pineville, visit their website.