Weddington Real Estate
Tucked away in the northwestern corner of Union County, Weddington is one of the fastest-growing towns in metro Charlotte and is the third wealthiest in North Carolina. It’s also served by some of the best schools in the Tar Heel State, some of which consistently land on national lists of excellence for test scores, teacher-to-student ratio, and more.
The town itself is nothing short of breathtaking – go for a walk through its quiet streets and admire the live oaks and finely crafted homes that give Weddington its unique charm. Ranches, farmland, and pastures create a rustic environment where residents can relax and get away from the Queen City’s frenetic energy.
Over the years, Weddington has held on to its distinct small-town feel, and the population hovers at about 10,000. Its residents are served by an old-fashioned commercial strip lined with restaurants and cafés at the intersection of NC 16 and 84.
Located 15 miles southeast of Charlotte and 14 miles northwest of downtown Monroe, the town spans 17 square miles. It’s accessible via I-485 and the average commute time for residents is roughly 30 minutes.
Real estate in Weddington
Weddington is made up of two constituent neighborhoods. The housing stock consists primarily of single-family homes situated on one-acre lots or larger. Many of these residences are new construction homes. Lots and vacant land are also available.
Single-family homes typically have four bedrooms or more. Hardwood flooring, granite kitchen countertops, stainless steel appliances, marble bathroom countertops, and exquisite landscaping are common features.
Luxury homes by leading builder Toll Brothers can be found in enclaves like Bromley Estates. These residences can have as many as seven bedrooms, along with custom kitchens, exercise rooms, guest houses, saltwater pools, and outdoor spaces with built-in grills. High ceilings, crown moldings, steam showers, jetted tubs, and high-end appliances are common features.
Waterfront properties can be found in Lake Providence and Victoria Lake. These properties offer stunning water views and outdoor spaces like gazebos and spacious backyards with fire pits.
Farms and rural properties are available at Therrell Farms. Residents enjoy privacy and solitude in a charming rustic setting, as well as access to the local horse stables in this planned development.
If you’re looking for a place to call your own in Weddington, hire a leading RE/MAX agent. Call me, Zanthia Hastings, at 704-947-2165 or send an email to email@example.com.
Attractions and amenities in Weddington
● Weddington Optimist Park – Here you’ll find a sports field, children’s playground, and open spaces where you can roam. Come here for a relaxing afternoon with friends and family. Play your favorite sport, let the kids run around, or roll out a blanket and have a nice picnic.
● Hunter Farm – This working farm is open to the public. Pick strawberries or pumpkins on a quiet afternoon and see how fresh local produce is grown and harvested. It’s also a popular destination for field trips – kids can take a hayride through the farm, collect milk at the dairy barn, gather eggs from hens’ nests, and shell corn from the cob. Seasonal events take place here throughout the year.
● Chapelgate Farm – At 24 acres, this farm has first-rate equestrian amenities for riders of all levels to enjoy. Those who want to develop their skills can sign up with the farm’s trainers, and there are a number of thoroughbred horses available for lease or sale.
● Weddington Shopping Center – Buy basic goods and grab a bite at the shopping center, which has a limited but sufficient number of storefronts and service providers. The local Harris Teeter has a grocery store and pharmacy where you can purchase supplies.
● Hwy 55 – Bite into a juicy burger at this popular lunch stop. Salads, sandwiches, and fried chicken are also on the menu. If you’re famished, try the infamous Five Five – a burger with seven patties, served with fries and a tall glass of milkshake. It’s on the house if you can finish it all in 30 minutes or less.
For more information, visit Weddington’s website.