Nature enthusiasts will have a grand time in Cornelius. Lush parks, a highly regarded championship golf course, and the magnificent shoreline of Lake Norman offer countless opportunities for outdoor recreation.
Get ready to spend more time out in the sun – this lakeside town’s stunning vistas and mild weather will make you want to leave the house more often.
And if that’s not enough, Cornelius also has a vibrant art scene. A string of acclaimed galleries and the famed Cornelius Arts Center will instill a deep appreciation for the visual artsif you aren’t already a fan.
This former mill and farm community has transformed into one of the Queen City’s most desirable places to live. Considered one of Charlotte’s finest suburbs today, Cornelius’ family-friendly environment and diverse housing stock attracts flocks of new residents each year.
Real estate in Cornelius
Cornelius is one of the best-known Lake Norman towns. Situated on the southern side of the lake, it’s accessible via I-77. The housing stock is comprised of single-family homes, townhomes, and apartments. Lots and vacant land are also available.
Waterfront properties, homes with lake access, and golf course properties are some of the most coveted residential properties. Outdoor spaces like covered porches, patios, and decks make entertaining all the more enjoyable, while stunning views of the water’s surface and the golf course will surely impress your guests. Private docks with boat lifts help you make the most of Cornelius’ gorgeous lake setting.
Luxury homes typically have five or more bedrooms. Hardwood flooring, walk-in closets, granite countertops, and high-end appliances are common features.
The Peninsula is among the town’s most prestigious subdivisions, offering an impressive selection of luxury homes.
Other notable subdivisions include:
- Caldwell Station
- Jetton Cove
- Lake Norman Cove at Jetton
- Robbins Park
- The Courtyards at Jetton
If you want to buy luxury real estate in the idyllic lakeside town, let a seasonedRE/MAX agent assist you. Call me, Zanthia Hastings, at 704-947-2165 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attractions and amenities in Cornelius
- Lake Norman – Boating, fishing, kayaking, and paddle boating are just some of the outdoor activities to enjoy at North Carolina’s largest artificial lake. Striped bass and bluegill swim in its waters, making it a popular fishing spot for anglers. Charter boats and luxury yachts are also available for those who want to see more of the lake and its surrounding areas.
- Jetton Park – At 104 acres, this lakefront park has serene walking trails, lighted tennis courts, playgrounds, picnic sites, a gazebo, a sunning beach, and a concession area where you can buy snacks and refreshments. The Waterfront Hall can be reserved for private events and special occasions.
- Cornelius Arts Center – Check out this well-regarded gallery’s latest exhibit. Admire the paintings and clay work on display or join classes taught by area artists to get your creative juices flowing. Wood art and book art are just some of the topics they discuss.
- Oak Street Mill – Housed in a converted cotton mill in downtown Cornelius, this antique shop offers a wide array of decorative plates, vases, frames, and other home furnishings. With over 10,000 square feet of space, you’ll have plenty of ground to cover.
- Bayne Brewing Company – This family-owned and operated nano brewery utilizes a two-barrel brew system to produce quality beer in small batches. Guests also get to enjoy a variety of games and entertainment, making it a wonderful place to blow off some steam and meet new people.
For more information on parks and recreational facilities, visit the town’s official website.